Two 4-day (or 5-day) basic intensive courses are required
Basic intensive courses may be taken in any order. Each basic course is a unique bodywork sequence that stands on its own as an independent course and may be taken without pursuing certification. The four bodywork flows join together as a complete toolkit for the holistic practitioner.
Basic Intensive Courses (may be taken in any order)
- Shiatsu: Zen Mind, Yoga Bodywork
- Thai-Shiatsu: Yoga Bodywork Intensive
- Thai-Shiatsu: Lower Body Intensive
- Thai-Shiatsu: Upper Body Intensive
- Take any two of the four basic courses and receive Level I Certification
- Take any three courses and receive Level II Certification
- Take four and receive Level III Certification
ADVANCED CERTIFICATION – Level IV and Level V Certification
- Assessment and Treatment in Thai-Shiatsu Bodywork Level IV
- Assessment and Treatment in Thai-Shiatsu Bodywork Level V
Thai-Shiatsu Bodywork (TSB) weaves theory and practice into an integrated whole, providing the practitioner with a solid foundation in Asian bodywork. Each intensive course offers a unique 1½ hour bodywork routine. Courses may be taken in group programs, or privately, in personalized sessions, at our studio in Lenox, MA, 4 minutes from Kripalu.
Basic certification requires 25-30 minimum instructional contact hours and 5 documented practice sessions (approx. 8-10 practice hours) in giving TSB for each intensive course.
Level I certification requirements include 50-60 minimum instructional contact hours, 10 minimum documented practice sessions, and a supervised bodywork session both giving to, and receiving from, a Thai-Shiatsu Bodywork mentor (total hours for courses, practice and supervised session 60-70 hrs). Courses and documentation are to be completed within two years from the date of the initial